This position is responsible for planning, managing, tracking and reporting of the historical data portion of an IT project to modernize Environmental, Safety, Health and Claims systems from a suite of legacy applications to the Enablon platform. The Project Manager will partner with the Enablon PMO to proactively monitor and manage project status, schedule, budget, scope, quality, issues, risks and dependencies of the historical data portion of the modernization effort. The position will partner with IT Governance to ensure compliance with project methodology and controls.
The Project Manager must understand project management processes and execution, as well as the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for waterfall, Agile, and hybrid approaches. A working knowledge for IT infrastructure, systems integration and vendor management is essential. Leverages expertise to understand impacts to projects, proactively manage risks, coordinate and quickly resolve issues, and provide leadership and guidance to project teams. This role is one that requires team leadership, business acumen, strong relationship management skills within IT and the Business and ability to address executive audiences.
The Project Manager should understand the alignment of project work with corporate strategies and be able to manage project changes to facilitate risk management, issue resolution, planning and re-planning of projects as they relate to strategies, and recommend timing of project production deployments.
This role will be involved with maturing the project management methodology, polices, processes, tools and templates to contribute to successful delivery of the IT projects. A strong understanding of project governance in the context of large scale project management, software development, and testing life cycles is a required. The Project Manager should embrace the Leadership Model and actively demonstrate commitment to the model. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization
• Ability to drive projects from both a tactical and strategic perspective
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills
• Builds partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with the various business units to report project health and status
• A high level of independence to lead and influence others
• Responsible for and expected to lead project teams in the Project Management areas of Schedule, Communications, Cost, Integration, Quality, Resource, Risk, Scope and Time management
• Assists and supports organizational change management
• Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and communicate issues, risks and dependencies
• Ability to identify and resolve project issues effectively
• Ensure that projects follow standard policy, procedures, and methodology
• Responsible for leading large complex projects, or multiple medium size projects, that spans multiple systems and business areas
• Works with other project managers to manage interdependencies
• Project contingency planning through risk identification, prioritization and response planning
• Oversee procurement process involved in projects including developing RFI/RFP, developing strategy and approach for scoring/evaluation, management of the procurement process, contract negotiation, and successful vendor relationship management and communication
• Ensure project change management processes and procedures are followed
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
• Experience leading infrastructure implementations, systems integration, or application development
• 7+ years of experience leading Information Technology projects that involved business process change, organizational change, and multiple large scale technology components
• Experience in business and solution development, project management, and project delivery
• Strong understanding of the system development life cycle
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
• Experience engaging and working with vendors/partners to effectively deliver projects
• Experience developing complex, project plans to meet business objectives
• Experience developing and managing large project budgets
• Proven experience in project change management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in MS Project
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• PMP® (Project Management Professional) Certification
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university (MBA, Information Systems or Computer Science)
• Experience with Planview Enterprise and VersionOne
• Experience with Environmental, Safety, Health and/or Claims systems.
• Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Transportation industry/railroad experience.
LENGTH: 6 Month Contract
LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
PLEASE SEND WORD RESUME TO: JEFF@FORCEV.COM